Taking your kids to Disneyland is a fun and magical experience for the entire family. But when crowds of people line the streets, it can be easy to lose sight of your kids sometimes and get lost. So here are some tips for keeping your kids safe while still having fun at Disneyland.
- One of the easiest things to do is to hold hands whenever you’re walking around. This way they can’t run off quickly and you won’t have to chase after them.
- Another good idea is to dress alike. If you have one kid or many, dressing alike will help you keep track and spot your kids easily. Try wearing the same shirts (maybe you can make shirts for a fun arts and crafts activity!) or all wearing the same colors.
- Make sure, before you leave the house, to talk to your kids about safety. Go over with them about the importance of safety in a theme park, about not talking to strangers, and about not running off.
- Discuss with your kids and have a plan in case someone gets lost. Choose a go-to place, maybe the front information center, or another specific location, so that if someone gets separated, they will know to all meet up at that specific location.
- Since phone numbers can be hard for young kids to memorize, if they are wearing a backpack or have pockets you can put a tag with your name and phone number, so that if they get lost and ask someone for help, they will have your numbers to call you.
Spending the day at Disneyland is packed with fun rides, meeting your favorite characters, and making wonderful memories with your kids. Keeping them safe will give you peace of mind while still having a great day!