As the summer heats up and your trips to Disneyland now require sunscreen and a hat, there are several rides at Disneyland that will help you stay cool!
Take a ride down Splash Mountain in Critter Country and glide through the mountain in a log! Swing past caves and meadows while listening to fun songs and stories. You’ll definitely get wet on this ride as you go through three dips and a huge waterfall at the end where you will get splashed! It’s a great way to cool off on a hot day!
Or check out the Grizzly River Run in Grizzly Peak in California Adventure and go on an adventurous whitewater rafting ride! Float down the river, scale along rocky cliffs, and brace yourself for giant fountains, huge waves and a thrilling drop down the mountain! You’ll get soaked on this ride as the perfect way to escape the summer heat.
And perfect for young kids, go to the Princess Dot Puddle Park in A Bug’s Land in California Adventure and jump and play in these fun water fountains! Bursts of water shoot up and get everyone soaking wet as they run around.
So as the Summer heats up, cool off at Disneyland with these fun water rides! Be sure to bring a change of clothes for afterwards or a poncho so you’re not walking around all day in wet clothes.
While Disneyland reminds us of our childhood and is packed with fun rides and meeting our favorite characters, sometimes we just want to have an adult night with good friends and some drinks! Here are some of the top bars and lounges at Disneyland that you should check out!
- The Alfresco Tasting Terrace in Disney California Adventure on the Pacific Wharf offers a classy wine tasting experience overlooking Radiator Springs
- The Carthay Circle Lounge in Disney California Adventure on Buena Vista Street has elegant and hand-crafted drinks and delicious snacks that are perfect for sharing with friends
- The Cove Bar in Paradise Pier in Disney California Adventure has a beautiful view of the pier in their relaxing lounge
- The Mendocino Terrace also on the Pacific Wharf in California Adventure has spectacular wine and port flights paired with cheeses and snacks, all on the advice of a wine expert
- Or go to the Sonoma Terrace in the Pacific Wharf and check out the Golden Vine Brewery with their exquisite craft beers paired with gourmet cheese and meat plates
- In the Downtown Disney district, be sure to check out the Uva Bar and enjoy fabulous cocktails and beers outside with some delicious food
- And be sure to go to Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen and indulge in authentic New Orleans cuisine and live jazz every night! Vibrant decorations everywhere and a beautiful fountain in the garden compliment the specialty New Orleans drinks that will make your night magical
So after a day filled with fun rides and shows with your favorite characters, unwind with your friends at one of these amazing bars and lounges where you can also view the fireworks later in the evening!
School’s out and summer is in—which means it’s time to go to Disney California Adventure and experience The Summer of Heroes in Hollywood Land!
Dance your heart out with Star-Lord and Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy and show off your best dance moves to some awesome rock and roll songs! Or team up with Rocket to help save the Guardians of the Galaxy from the Collector! Mayhem and chaos will ensue in this thrilling adventure as you help Rocket on this daring escape!
Make sure to meet your favorite Super Heroes like Black Widow, Spider-Man and Captain America, and don’t hesitate to have a chat with these Avengers and strike a pose alongside them for a picture!
Start training to be an Avenger in the Avengers Training Initiative with Black Widow and Hawkeye! Learn superhero skills and bravery through activities led by these Avengers.
And don’t forget to stop by the Collector’s Warehouse to pick up your favorite Marvel collectibles. You can get your favorite Marvel Superhero movie DVDs, t-shirts, toys, action figures and more! This summer, channel your inner Super Hero and head to Disney California Adventure for the spectacular Summer of Heroes!
Spending the day at Disneyland is so much fun, and kids seem to have endless mounds of energy sometimes that waiting in line for rides for long periods of time can feel brutal. So instead of waiting in line, take your kids to these attractions and play structures where they can run around, play and burn off that energy!
Check out Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland Park where your kids can run around at the many playgrounds! They can climb in to the Chip ‘n Dale Treehouse, or sail aboard Donald’s Boat or slide down Goofy’s Playhouse! They can go visit and meet Mickey and Minnie at their houses and play with them! And if you get to Mickey’s Toontown first thing in the morning, you might even get to meet some of your kid’s favorite characters like Mickey, Minnie, Pluto or Goofy!
Another option is to take your kids to Tarzan’s Treehouse in Adventureland and watch them swing and climb around the vine-covered treehouse!
Or, if you’re in Disney’s California Adventure, stop by Princess Dot’s Puddle Park and cool off jumping around in puddles and bursts of water fountains!
These attractions are a great way to keep your kids entertained and get them running around, playing, and burning off that endless stream of energy they seem to have. And on a hot, summer day, jumping through water fountains or relaxing in the shade while your kids run around sounds magical.
We all love going to Disneyland and spending the entire day there, but what should we eat while we are there? Here are some amazing foods at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure that you have to try.
- You have to splurge and try the famous Corn Dog! Found at the Little Red Wagon Corn Dogs on Main Street in Disneyland and at Corn Dog Castle in California Adventure, these corn dogs are wrapped in a thick, cornbread batter with a crunchy outside that just makes your mouth water!
- Also, a must-have are the churros! Found all over the park, deep-fried with cinnamon and sugar, these doughy sticks are best fresh out of the fryer and will put a smile on everyone’s face.
- You must try the Dole Whip from the Enchanted Tiki Room in Adventureland in Disneyland. This pineapple flavored frozen yogurt is the perfect refreshing treat on a hot day.
- To satisfy your sweet tooth even more, get the Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Sandwich at Pooh’s Corner in Critter Country in Disneyland and savor this delicious treat.
- Also, a must-try are the cream cheese pretzels found all over both parks! Delicious, hot pretzels stuffed with a sweet cream cheese. Also amazing are the jalapeno cream cheese pretzels if you like something spicy!
- Be sure to also try the Monte Cristo sandwich at Café Orleans in New Orleans Square in Disneyland and feast yourself on this delicious turkey, ham and Swiss sandwich with a sweet berry drizzle on top. Pair it with the unforgettable pommes frites or French fries covered with garlic parmesan!
These are just some of the spectacular foods that you definitely need to try on your trip to Disneyland if you haven’t already! Stay tuned for more fantastic food ideas!
This year, celebrate your birthday—or someone else’s birthday—at Disneyland! Disneyland will make your birthday unforgettable and packed with fun! Whether it’s for your own birthday or someone else’s, be sure to plan ahead and make reservations so you can make the most out of this magical day!
Start your evening at your favorite restaurant and have a customized birthday cake delivered right to your table at select restaurants at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure. You can choose a Mickey or Minnie Mouse, Disney Princess or Signature cake and flavor and personalize it with a special message!
If you’re staying at the Disneyland Resort Hotel, you can have the room decorated with a magical theme! Choose from themes like Mickey and Minnie Mouse romance, Star Wars, Frozen or Princess themed and more! You can even get beautiful gift baskets and flowers sent to the room too! Your room will be decorated in a magical Disney birthday style!
And don’t forget to stop by City Hall on Main Street, U.S.A in Disneyland Park and get your complimentary Birthday Button to wear and you’ll get birthday greetings all day from your favorite characters!
Have a magical birthday this year at Disneyland!
You’ve got your tickets to Disneyland purchased, your bags packed, and you’re teeming with excitement. The last thing you need is to figure out where you’re staying. Fear not though, Disneyland makes it easy and has amazing hotels located on park property!
Check out the beautiful Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and enjoy their amazing Mandara spa, offering massages and facials, or relax in one of their luxurious poolside cabanas. You can end your night by watching a classic Disney movie out on the terrace or dine at the upscale restaurant Napa Rose.
Or book your stay at the Disneyland Hotel and meet some of your favorite Disney characters! Relax in one their poolside cabanas by their two beautiful retro pools, and then spend your evening in the glowing light of tiki torches at the Enchanted Tiki Bars with cocktails and live music.
Or stay at the Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel and have a blast at the arcade room in the lobby, or dine at Disney’s PCH Grill and meet your favorite Disney characters at breakfast! Relax during the day at the rooftop pool, and at night watch the Disneyland Park fireworks from the rooftop as well!
Whichever hotel you choose to stay at for your Disneyland adventure, you’ll have a fantastic trip with wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.
Sweep your date off their feet for a romantic day and evening at Disneyland! Here are some romantic and adventurous ideas for your date that’ll make sure to put a smile on their face and make amazing memories.
- Check out the Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square and protect your date from ghosts and frights on this scary and frightening tour
- Go on a romantic Ferris wheel ride on Mickey’s Fun Wheel in Paradise Pier in California Adventure and watch the sunset or cuddle up under the stars
- Watch the World of Color show from Paradise Pier in California Adventure and see amazing and vibrantly beautiful fountains of color and fire, with mesmerizing music
- Stroll by Snow White’s wishing well for a romantic photo of the two of you! Don’t forget to make a wish!
- Watch the spectacular fireworks in the evening over Sleeping Beauty’s castle
- Dine at the retro, elegant Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure on Buena Vista Street and enjoy a romantic dinner in the vaulted dining room or out on the terrace
- Or head over to the Uva Bar and Café in Downtown Disney and grab a drink in this open-air bar with beautiful glass sculptures
Whether your date is during the day, at night, or both, your date will certainly be one to remember. Make sure to bring a camera so you can document your amazing, romantic Disneyland date.
While most people work during the week and have weekends off which are spent on vacation time, that can mean spending half your day at Disneyland waiting in long lines and wading through crowds of tourists. So when is the best time to go to Disneyland then?
For those of you that have time off during the week, Disneyland is much less crowded on week days. Whether you want to get there right when the park opens or later in the morning and afternoon, on a week day the park will be less crowded and have shorter lines. This is great for kids and adults that might not have that much patience to wait in line for 2 hours for one ride.
If you do decide to go on a weekend, I suggest getting to the park right when it opens since mornings are a little less busy and you can go on your favorite rides before lines get too long.
There is also a peak season and an off season for visiting Disneyland. The summer time and winter holiday time are definitely the busiest. While most people have time off during the summer and winter, these will have the bigger crowds and longer lines for rides. If you can, try to go during the off season of mid-January to mid-May and mid-September to mid-November. Just be wary of holiday weekends like President’s Day, Spring Break in April, Memorial Day and Halloween, as these can be busy weekends too. But no matter when you go to Disneyland, be it a week day or weekend, during any time of the year, you’re sure to have fun seeing your favorite characters in the happiest place on earth.
You’ve spent all day at Disneyland, eaten enough churros and desserts to last the month, and visited your favorite rides. Now the evening is here, and you can unwind! So sit back, relax, and enjoy these amazing nighttime shows and parades!
For a limited time, see the spectacular Main Street Electrical Parade filled with dazzling lights and beautiful floats! Watch as your favorite Disney characters ride down twinkling floats along with sparkling performers! But hurry, because this show disappears on August 20, 2017!
Or check out the amazing fireworks show over the Sleeping Beauty Castle in the Remember…Dreams Come True show. Watch these vibrant blasts of color as your favorite Disney characters share their wishes, Walt Disney explains his dream of Disneyland, and Tinker Bell enchants the crowd.
Or head to Paradise Pier and watch the incredible World of Color show! With breathtaking bursts of color across the water and powerful music, fire and fog, this show reminds the crowd of their favorite Disney stories. Watch as almost 1,200 fountains blast water into the air to make a screen of brilliant colors along with sensational music to make your evening spectacular.
Be sure to check the Disneyland app or the entertainment schedule pamphlet at the parks for the current parade and show times. These shows and parades change throughout the year, so be sure to check them out while they’re here at Disneyland!